Week 8, Part 2

I believe that visual media can be beneficial for the type of business I started. In the fashion world, its extremely important to be able to show customers and potential customers what your clothes will look like on, how to style the pieces in different ways, etc.

Some examples of other businesses in my field that are similar to the brand I'm creating are: Chloe, Joie, Vince, Joah Brown, STAUD, and Theory.

Each of these brands I have listed have very effective visual social media presences. They're all predominantly on Instagram, which makes sense as that's the most 'visual' social media option as it's all pictures and videos. By following and watching these brands, I believe it will be helpful for T.McGhee because I see what people respond well to in regards to what is posted. Joah Brown, for example, makes you imagine how soft and comfortable their pieces are by the way they're photographed. Chloe gives a higher end feel through their visual social media. Even just seeing the differences in how the models pose and their facial expressions and whether its in front of a plain white backdrop or in a busy street or in a beautiful building gives a different feel and look and I think I'll be able to take a lot from that when I start having to photograph my own pieces.

Comments

Popular Posts