Week 11, Part 1: Email Marketing


A newsletter for my clothing line, T.McGhee, would have the goal of both driving sales as well as focusing on relationship building. The information I would promote in my newsletter includes: new collections/releases, sales/discounts, design collaborations, lookbooks, and events. I would curate different content depending on which organized list of people the newsletter will be going to, whether customers or influencers, or future employees.

I personally hate getting emails from companies all the time because it seems like they’re all pretty much the same most of the time, so I would try to only send mine out monthly to quarterly as well as the sporadic newsletter if something special pops up. I don’t want to send out newsletters too often that it’s annoying but I want to enough to stay relevant.

Comments

  1. Hi, I totally agree about that they are seem the same. But, there's a reason that companies follow that template.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I go back and forth about the frequency of newsletters as well. My industry includes a lot of authors, podcasters, online content creators, and joint venture groups. Now, they send out multiple times a day and they convert to people on their lists to buyers.

    I heard to consider a newsletter as if you are standing in a room in front of four or five people and you want to let them know what is going on in your business then tell them that otherwise, hold off until one can write something that is useful, helpful, interesting, and relevant. I try to think of that approach and not become intimidated that I have nothing to offer based on that criteria. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts