Week 4, Part 2: Frequently Visited Sites

Two of the websites that I frequently visit are Invaluable.com and Revolveclothing.com. I feel that these two sites are effective because they are aesthetically pleasing, easy to use/navigate, but mostly because I’m very interested in what they’re selling! Invaluable is an online auction house that sells fine art, jewelry, antiques, furniture, etc. while Revolve is an online  retailer for women’s clothing and accessories.

These sites both emulated good design principles. There are many aspects of both of these websites that show a good understanding of web design principles, but there were some that stood out most to me. These were: repetition (of the theme, vibe, and details throughout site navigation), hierarchy (the most important information is shown at the top (new releases, promos, etc), and ease of use (simple to search as well as browse).

I continue to come back to these sites again and again because I want to stay up to date on new styles and releases. I enjoy both of these sites and at this point in time, nothing stands out to me that’s in need of improvement.

Comments

Popular Posts